1/14/10

These are words I never thought I would read...

So today was my placement test at UWP.  I've been super excited about it.  I sharpened #2 pencils, (with a knife) until I had blisters on my hands.

The English portion of the test was first, and I thought it went well.  When I came back from my desk this little sweetheart was paper clipped to my test.



WTF?!?  Are you shitting me?   In case you simpleminded folks don't know, those words are often shouted by English scholars when they pass exams.

Some of you know all about my weird I'm-a-freakin'-idiot complex, so as you can imagine, getting this blue slip of paper came as quite a surprise.  I have come a long way, in terms of realizing I am a capable and intelligent person, but somewhere in the back of my head was a girl who wasn't quite sure she had what it takes to go to college.  I'm sure that girl will always be in the back of my head to some extent, so I hope to continue to prove to her and myself that I can accomplish whatever I want to.

That said, after a short break there was the Math portion of the exam.

WTF?!? Are you shitting me?   In case you scholars don't know, those words are often shouted by simpleminded folk when they see algebra, geometry and calculus problems for the first time in 15 years.


My favorite part of the day was when the lady administering the test explained that, "Although you may use one, theoretically you do not need a calculator to complete the test".  I thought to myself, "Right...college level math, and you don't need a calculator...what a load of crap."

Turns out she was right.  The only thing I needed was one of my #2s and the "Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe" problem solving strategy I learned back in high school. 

I am looking forward to the little blue sheet of paper clipped to my Math test.  I imagine it will look a little something like this...





Julie